To request the Driver's Safety Course you must provide written notice with a plea of Guilty or Nolo Contendere on or before the appearance date, as shown on your citation. CDL operators are not eligible for Deferred Disposition or a Driver's Safety Course.
Your request for the Driver's Safety Course must include the following:
- Notarized written notice (notary seal with signature)
- Photo copy of Texas drivers license.
- For all active duty military with an out of state drivers license: A copy of your military ID AND a copy of your out of state drivers license are required.
- Proof of current financial responsibility (liability insurance effective on date of request)
- Personal Check, Cashier's Check, or Money Order for $144.00 (payable to Burnet County JP4)
Obtaining your Driver Record:
By mail - Application for Copy of Driver Record or Application for Certified Abstract of Driver Record
Online - Texas Department of Public Safety
Visit the TEA's website for a list of all Licensed Driving Safety Course Providers and a list of Specialized Driving Safety Courses.