Office Location: Courthouse on the Square
Address: 220 South Pierce Street
Burnet, Texas 78611
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Birth and Death Certificate Information
Click on the following link to visit the Texas Bureau of Vital Statistics site on Birth & Death Indexes:
Only a Qualified Applicant may obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate.
Q. Who is a Qualified Applicant?
A. 1. The registrant. The person named in the record.
2. The parent, child, brother, sister, spouse, grandparent, legal guardian or managing
conservator of the registrant.
3. Legal representative, agent or other person acting under contract for the registrant.
Must provide a letter of permission and copy of identification from the registrant.
An applicant must provide all necessary information and show proper identification prior to obtaining the certificate.
Any Texas birth certificate may be purchased in Burnet County. This office uses a remote access system to the State’s records dating, at this time from 1926 to the present. However, births are not usually available on the computer system for approximately 3 weeks after the date of birth.
Q. How much does it cost to obtain a birth certificate?
A. $23.00 per certified copy.
Q. How much does it cost for a copy of a death certificate?
A. $21.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy.
Q. What information is needed to obtain a birth/death certificate?
A. The information required is the same for either a birth or death certificate and is as follows:
1. Full name on birth/death certificate
2. Date and place of birth/death
3. Father’s full name
4. Mother’s full name including maiden name
5. Name, address and phone number of the Requestor
6. Relationship to person on birth/death record
7. Valid identification (Driver’s License Preferred)
8. Appropriate fee. Accepted forms of payment are: cash, cashier’s check, money order and personal checks.
Also accepted are credit cards: Mastercard, Visa and Discover
Q. May I obtain a birth/death certificate by mail?
1. Complete the application and send it to us via mail with payment and a legible copy of your drivers license.
Janet Parker, Burnet County Clerk
2. Complete the application and send it to us via email with a legible copy of your drivers license. Payment can then be made with debit/credit card by phone or email.
Accepted forms of payment are: cash, cashier’s check, money order and personal check. Also accepted are debit/credit cards: Mastercard, Visa and Discover and American Express